[WPSL][C#] Get started with server side of SignalR. RRS feed

• Question

• User1819367177 posted

Hi. I'm developing a WP8 SL app and MS Dev Center says WP8 class can't derive from a Hub class and I should derive from Panorama instead. Do you perhaps know how to do that because when I write : Panorama the compilers underlines it and it doesn't give me an option to add the namespace. I think I have to first install some library. Can you tell me which one, just the server side for now.

I tried to install most of the SignalR packages but no luck, it keeps rolling back <does not support platform>. Can you point me to anyone that successfully implemented SignalR in a WPSL (WP8) project?

Is there perhaps something else for peer to peer persistent connection?

Thank you already:-) 

Thursday, October 29, 2015 3:40 AM

All replies

• User1223857158 posted

Hi,

Is there perhaps something else for peer to peer persistent connection?

If you’d like to implement one to one communication? You could try to retain information about users and their connections, then you could send message to the client according to ConnectionId.

http://www.asp.net/signalr/overview/guide-to-the-api/mapping-users-to-connections

Lorris

Friday, October 30, 2015 2:01 AM
  • User1819367177 posted

Writing code, conceiving ultimate solutions is probably easy and joyful for you, right? Do me a HUGE favor because no one is giving me the right answer that I can understand; Create a WP8 (sdk8) project and just implement the server class and derive from Hub class. Just that because I'm not getting it right and the guys from WP Dev center says I should derive from Panorama.

What package should I install (I tried a lot and nothing works) to be able to write the line Clients.All...? The client side package installs perfectly so I'm not worried about that, it's just the server side. I thought the SignalR package which contains both server and client is the right package but it doesn't support WP8. 

There is a link that one of your guys gave me about WP8 but none of the packages (in the picture) installs.

Thank you in advance with all the love in the world.

Friday, October 30, 2015 1:12 PM