Windows App Certification Kit 3.1 is reporting nuisance!

Question

• I made an app with Visual Studio 2012 and updated my App Certification Kit from 2.2 to 3.1 but the problem is same. It is even reporting the same error for Microsoft-made Bing app for Windows Store! Can you imagine! I mean this is totally insane. My app has no bug, it even doesn't crash at any instance and the problem is that the crash report is not mentioning the exact problem. Please help me through this as I have to submit my app as soon as possible. This is the only fail in the report I am getting.
    (I currently don't have a verified account here, so it is not letting me upload any screenshots or links.)
    Monday, December 9, 2013 7:53 PM

All replies

• Can you give more details like the error message ?

The WACKs have got more demanding as time has gone on.

Which is good from the punters point of view.

n.Wright

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:43 AM
  • This is the error message it is giving me in every single app that I test on it.

FAILED Crashes and hangs Error Found: The crashes and hangs test detected the following errors: (nothing mentioned after this colon!) Impact if not fixed: An app that stops responding or crashes can cause data loss and is a poor user experience. How to fix: Investigate and debug the app to identify and fix the problem.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:00 AM
  • Hello All,

The most common reason your app will fail WACK or certification is if your app encounters an exception, such as no internet connection or no sound are available and your app does not have any exception handling to gracefully recover from this error.

This is discussed in this thread: What is the correct way to catch all unhandled exceptions 

And here: App crashes on startup

You should also review this API: Application.UnhandledException event

If the Windows Runtime invokes app code like an event handler, and the app code throws an exception and does not catch it, the exception will propagate back to the Windows Runtime. The Windows Runtime will then fire the UnhandledException event to notify the app of this exception.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Windows 8 UI Developer Support

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 8:40 PM