none
Custom Tile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Is there any way to change my app-tile at the start-menu without notifications? I want to have an animation like the one from "People". Where can you configure, that it goes over 2-columns? Thanks
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:23 PM

All replies

• 3rd party developers aren't allowed to have animated tiles or double width tiles.  You can use a double width tile in your application but it will fail the market place tests.
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:38 PM
  • So, you can only update a tile with server notifiations or this "ShellTileSchedule", but only with a server generated picture. Either way the user needs an active internet connection. Is this true?
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:55 PM
  • Yes and the server just needs to host the image file.  It doesn't have to generate it on the fly if that's what you meant.
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:03 PM
  • What use is e.g. a todo-app if you don't see anything at the main? I would simply forget the Tasks... Can i touch the "count" from code?
    Monday, November 15, 2010 5:29 AM
  • You can update the image, text and a count.  The only limitations you have are no animations, single tile and there's a limit of how many updates you can make per hour. 

This article is a little old but I think it's still valid http://www.thisisfanzoo.com/Blog/JeffF/archive/2010/08/02/a-really-long-post-about-the-windows-phone-7-push.aspx
    Monday, November 15, 2010 5:49 AM
  • This is only with a Server-Side code or even a call... I just want to provide some infos without any server-side app :(
    Monday, November 15, 2010 5:44 PM