none
FFUTool can it be used on Windows 10 Desktops to update the BIOS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am looking for some help in understanding if the FFUTool from Microsoft is supported on Win 10 - TH2 desktop environments.

Can this tool be used by OEM developers to update the BIOS image of the device?

Thanks

JP

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 5:03 AM

Answers

• Hi JP,

I asked a member of the OS Team to review your issue and have the following response for you.

"Can FFUTool be used to update a desktop PC? No. It is a developer tool used to update other flavors and versions of the OS."

So no, while the FFU tool is designed for use with Windows 10, it is not expected to be used with the Desktop versions of the OS.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hi JP,

I asked a member of the OS Team to review your issue and have the following response for you.

"Can FFUTool be used to update a desktop PC? No. It is a developer tool used to update other flavors and versions of the OS."

So no, while the FFU tool is designed for use with Windows 10, it is not expected to be used with the Desktop versions of the OS.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 4:42 PM
  • For BIOS updates, you need to use the utilities from the board manufacturer.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, August 5, 2016 4:49 PM