none
Let me get some advice to find a correct way to create device firmware update driver using UEFI Capsule. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear developers,

I'm new on windows drivers, but I should have to create device firmware update package for UEFI capsule. (for primary touch panel on windows OS connected via HID) I looked after couple of weeks on public documents in MS, Intel, UEFI sites for capsule update technologies. Lots of stuffs are new for me, and I found UDK 2018 is one of development kit for UEFI driver creation. I cannot find any other ways to create the package. But I don't know this is the right way to go to the goal or not.

Does the UDK 2018 is the only way to create device firmware update package for UEFI capsule ? If any other kind of information you have, please share to me.

And I have one more question, how to communicate with device ? On windows, I just use HID APIs for enumerate and packet Rx/Tx between application and device. But I have no idea how to detect, open, and communicate with my device at the device. Please let me get any advices if you have.

Thanks and Best Regards,

JJ KIM.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:15 AM