none
Inconsistent Windows Phone Dev center download rate trend data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I released my app on the 2nd of August, and the daily download rate grew steadily over 12 days from 4 to 26, then the 200s, 300s, 400s, 600s, 700s and by the 15th day 885 daily downloads.  Suddenly by the 16th day there was a massive drop to the 100s, where it has remained for the last three consecutive days.

This trend seems inconsistent to me.  Furthermore, the Windows Phone Developer center dashboard tells me there have been a total of 6759 downloads of my app, and yet when I export the data to my local machine there are only 3924 rows of data?  I know the exported data to be incorrect because when I filter the spreadsheet by country it shows (much) less downloads per country in some of the countries where there are the most downloads reported on the web.

I doubt 700+ people per day have suddenly gone off the app?  The reviews don't reflect that?  Am I missing something here?

Best Regards

Kofi

Friday, August 22, 2014 4:51 PM

Answers

• If anyone ever experiences such a problem I suggest not to use the forums but to immediately contact support (see the link Eric from MS supplied).  I used the "chat" function and was able to speak to someone within minutes.  He then emailed me and I sent him some more info, and sure enough there is something wrong with the report which is now being fixed.  The report has not been updated over the last 24 hours or so and there is a message on my dev center page which reads:

"Unfortunately, it's taking a little longer than expected to get the download and in-app purchase data for your apps. We're working to get you this info as quickly as possible. Check back again in a little while."

I will update this thread with a final conclusion when the matter is resolved.

• Marked as answer by Kofi Nimoh2 Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:56 AM
    Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:56 AM

All replies

• Hello Kofi,

Have you checked your app's ranking in the store? If your app's ranking has recently changed this could affect your downloads.

You should create a support request with developer support if you have any other questions about this issue.

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Friday, August 22, 2014 7:22 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Eric,

OK, I have done the latter.

Regards

Kofi

• Marked as answer by Kofi Nimoh2 Saturday, August 23, 2014 6:35 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Kofi Nimoh2 Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:56 AM
    Friday, August 22, 2014 8:30 PM
  • If anyone ever experiences such a problem I suggest not to use the forums but to immediately contact support (see the link Eric from MS supplied).  I used the "chat" function and was able to speak to someone within minutes.  He then emailed me and I sent him some more info, and sure enough there is something wrong with the report which is now being fixed.  The report has not been updated over the last 24 hours or so and there is a message on my dev center page which reads:

"Unfortunately, it's taking a little longer than expected to get the download and in-app purchase data for your apps. We're working to get you this info as quickly as possible. Check back again in a little while."

I will update this thread with a final conclusion when the matter is resolved.

• Marked as answer by Kofi Nimoh2 Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:56 AM
    Sunday, August 24, 2014 11:56 AM