none
How to use a custom pipeline component RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Gurus,

I created a custom pipeline component to replace my 2002 AIC. The AIC in 2002 was used to perform some data massaging and finaly load the massaged data to oracle. The pipeline component should insert the translated 837 data in positional flat file format to an oracle table. I created the custom pipeline and was able to add the custom pipeline component to my project. Now I have two questions.

1) Where should I place the component? pre-assemble or encode?

2) How should I configure the Send Port?

My goal is to convert the 837P claims data to flat file format(positional) and load the flat file data to oracle. There are triggers setup on the table to split the positional data and load the data to the appropriate child tables in oracle.

Before I started working on the Custom Pipeline, I had the send port configured to use "File" transport and a send pipeline with a Flat File assembler which used my Flat File schema. This way I was able to write out the converted 837P data to a file in positional format. Now instead of writing out to a file I want to load the flat file data to Oracle. How could I achieve this? I don't know what to specifiy under the Transport (Send Port). Really appreciate your help on this.

thanks.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 9:42 PM

Answers

• You should use the pre-assemble stage of your custom send pipeline.

Usually you would not want to send the data to Oracle as part of the pipeline component. This can cause a lot of threading and performance difficulties.

Instead, you would still use a FILE send port to write the flat file to a folder. This send port should use your custom flat-file pipeline. You could then use a separate FILE receive port on the same folder to re-pull the flat-file. On this receive port use the PassThruReceive pipeline.

Then you would use an orchestration to read the message from the receive port and call an Oracle procedure to pass the data. Another option would be to use a send port using one of the Oracle adapters with the PassThruTransmit pipeline. If you use the send port only you just need to add a filter of BTS.ReceivePortName == (the name of the receive port).

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by edhickey Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:03 PM
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 11:29 PM