none
2007 Outlook addin - adds appointment as meeting and incorrect organizer using VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to figure out why an Outlook 2007 add-in creates an appointment as a meeting when there are no people invited and no reserved resources.  It also is putting another person, as the organizer different than the logged in user.  I've used these routines on many machines without any problems and now I have a PC that consistently creates meetings with the wrong organizer.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 4:53 PM

All replies

• Is this your addin? Without seeing what the code is there's no possible way to answer this question.

Does this happen on all Outlook 2007 machines or only some?

Does it work differently if the addin were to run in Outlook 2003 or 2010?

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Bob Bestvina" <=?utf-8?B?Qm9iIEJlc3R2aW5h?=> wrote in message news:9b03c30b-47e2-435f-8142-99e4fa93904c...

Hi, I'm trying to figure out why an Outlook 2007 add-in creates an appointment as a meeting when there are no people invited and no reserved resources.  It also is putting another person, as the organizer different than the logged in user.  I've used these routines on many machines without any problems and now I have a PC that consistently creates meetings with the wrong organizer.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 5:52 PM
  • Yes, this is my add-in.  I have used it on at least 6 PCs using 2007 and 2010 and I haven't had any issues.   This machine is the only machine tested that has win7 64bit and office 2007.  Most of the other machines have 2007 and XP sp3.  It is very straight forward code, nothing really special.  Could shared calendars or delegates affect this?

Thanks,

Bob   

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:18 PM
  • It's possible I suppose. I've never seen anything like that with any of the addins I've looked at, but you never know. I doubt that it's a Win7 problem, I haven't seen addins run any differently in Win7 than on other versions of Windows, assuming you aren't breaking any of the UAC or permissions rules.

I guess I'd try to figure out what's different by eliminating everything different and then adding in the differences one by one until I found the problem.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"Bob Bestvina" <=?utf-8?B?Qm9iIEJlc3R2aW5h?=> wrote in message news:05b78527-6246-44bd-810f-3614db9ec673...

Yes, this is my add-in.  I have used it on at least 6 PCs using 2007 and 2010 and I haven't had any issues.   This machine is the only machine tested that has win7 64bit and office 2007.  Most of the other machines have 2007 and XP sp3.  It is very straight forward code, nothing really special.  Could shared calendars or delegates affect this?

Thanks,

Bob   

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:23 PM
  • I'm in the process of adding a log file because unfortunately I don't have easy access to the PC with the problem.  Thanks for the help.  I will post what I find later.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7:08 PM
  • Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Did you resolve your issue. If you did, would you please share you solution or experience here, it will be very beneficial for all of the community members who have similar issue to see how you solve your problem.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, June 10, 2011 6:57 AM