How to do the parametrization for .net web ui application, contains jss, ajax file in the script? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am doing the performance testing for .net web ui application. this .net application contains jss, javascript and ajax file. I need to do the parametrization for the URLs in the application. The issue, i am facing that the application is working fine with the recorded URL Even after the parametrization also, But for the rest of the URLs in the parametrization , the script is passing and its coming with the all contents in the  page but all the images are missing in replay.

I had read somewhere in google that we need to set the status for ParseDependentRequests= Trueto get  the images in the replay, but its not woking for my application.
    Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Amanda,

Sorry for the late in reply. I was on long vacation, Checked your reply.

Your suggestion did not help me alot. But i found the another way to do the scripting in VSTS 2010 for the applications which have jss, css, and javascript as current solution.In VSTS 2010, First create the new project by selecting File--> New--> Project, Select the Test within the visual basic or Visual C#  and save it in your desired destination path. 

Now we need to install the fiddler having the version V4.4.2.4 beta. 

Open your fiddler tool and navigate your web urls in Internet explorer. Fiddler will record all the response urls, Once you done with the navigations first remove all the non 200's(By pressing the remove button option). Now Click on File--> Export Sessions--> All Sessions, Now select the visual studio web test in the drop down box, press the next button. It will ask for the path to save it.

Save it inside the project, you created earlier with .webtest extension. Now open this file with VSTS. Here now, you can do the parameterization with the URL easily. nd Its working fine for my current project.

For the more details, I am mailing my application URL navigation on your mail id. You can check it and If its possible, Can you please provide the alternate solution for the scripting.

Best Regards,

Amit Kumar.

Amit Kumar

Friday, December 7, 2012 4:25 PM

All replies

• Hello Amitkumar,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

I need to do the parametrization for the URLs in the application.

I am not very sure what you have done the parameterization for the URL.

Can you give us a screen shot about the web test request after parameterization especially the parameterization part so that we can know what you have done?

In addition, are there any corresponding errors after run? If yes, please provide detailed error messages.

As far as I know we can parameterize the URL for a web performance test web server, please see: How to: Parameterize the URL for a Web Performance Tests Web Server

Generally if you parameterize the web server and the images are its dependent requests, images will be played back after you set the ParseDependentRequests to True.

So before you parameterized the URL, can all images can be played back fine? If yes, parameterization the URL for web server should not impact the image playback.

To resolve this issue, you also can try creating a new project. Sometimes corrupted project settings can cause problems.

Also you can try to run devenv /ResetSettings (in command prompt) to eliminate the related potential settings problem.

And you try disabling Add-ins (e.g. “Tools” | “Add-in Manager”) or run“devenv.exe /SafeMode”.This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins or packages are causing problems to check it it helps.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, November 5, 2012 5:47 AM
  • Hello Amitkumar,

What about your issue now? Have you resolved it?

If you have resolved it, you can share your solution here, which will be beneficial for other people.

If not, would you mind letting us know the latest news of issue?

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 6:21 AM
  • Hi Amanda,

Sorry for the late in reply. I was on long vacation, Checked your reply.

Your suggestion did not help me alot. But i found the another way to do the scripting in VSTS 2010 for the applications which have jss, css, and javascript as current solution.In VSTS 2010, First create the new project by selecting File--> New--> Project, Select the Test within the visual basic or Visual C#  and save it in your desired destination path. 

Now we need to install the fiddler having the version V4.4.2.4 beta. 

Open your fiddler tool and navigate your web urls in Internet explorer. Fiddler will record all the response urls, Once you done with the navigations first remove all the non 200's(By pressing the remove button option). Now Click on File--> Export Sessions--> All Sessions, Now select the visual studio web test in the drop down box, press the next button. It will ask for the path to save it.

Save it inside the project, you created earlier with .webtest extension. Now open this file with VSTS. Here now, you can do the parameterization with the URL easily. nd Its working fine for my current project.

For the more details, I am mailing my application URL navigation on your mail id. You can check it and If its possible, Can you please provide the alternate solution for the scripting.

Best Regards,

Amit Kumar.

Amit Kumar

Friday, December 7, 2012 4:25 PM