Intellisense doesn't work for Javascript files RRS feed

• Question

• VS 2013 doesn't work with single page JavaScript (including JQuery/Angular), files.

I've been using my copy of VS2013 over a year, and it even highlights script tags (within .js files) as errors.

Does Intellisense only work with files in Projects/Solutions? Does it work with standalone files?

Fyi, I don't have a problem with html/css intellisense, but javascript/jquery have been a problem.

Monday, April 11, 2016 2:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Moi0,

According to your description, the problem is the intellisense doesn't work in standalone javascript files, is it right?

I create a sample web application and add a javascript  file in this project. Then I reference this file to one of a html file and use the functions in the javascript file in my html file. The functions will be automatic prompted in the html file.

But if I create a new javascript file and then use the functions of the first javascript file, it won't automatic prompt. This should be the design for Visual Studio. If you have any ideas for this design, I suggest you post your ideas to Visual Studio User Voice.

If misunderstanding, please tell me the detailed steps to reproduce your problem in my side.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:19 AM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:44 AM

All replies

• VS 2013 doesn't work with single page JavaScript (including JQuery/Angular), files.

I've been using my copy of VS2013 over a year, and it even highlights script tags (within .js files) as errors.

Does Intellisense only work with files in Projects/Solutions? Does it work with standalone files?

Fyi, I don't have a problem with html/css intellisense, but javascript/jquery have been a problem.

Sunday, April 10, 2016 11:43 AM
  • Dear Moi0,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio Setup and Installation, as your issue is related with the Visual Studio General and I will help you move this case to the VS general forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral for dedicated information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:06 AM
  • Hi Moi0,

According to your description, the problem is the intellisense doesn't work in standalone javascript files, is it right?

I create a sample web application and add a javascript  file in this project. Then I reference this file to one of a html file and use the functions in the javascript file in my html file. The functions will be automatic prompted in the html file.

But if I create a new javascript file and then use the functions of the first javascript file, it won't automatic prompt. This should be the design for Visual Studio. If you have any ideas for this design, I suggest you post your ideas to Visual Studio User Voice.

If misunderstanding, please tell me the detailed steps to reproduce your problem in my side.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:19 AM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:44 AM