none
How to monitor any CPU application on your computer using C# console app RRS feed

• Question

• es Hello I need help writing a simple C# console application code that will monitor the computer system and able to read back to any changes that was done while it was running. For example if any app was clicked time and date, also if the registry was changed or opened. Any code that can help me get start will be awesome.
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:49 PM

All replies

• That's definitely NOT a "simple C# application".  There are commercial applications that can do this kind of thing, and for the most part they're worth the money.

You can use the built-in "auditpol" command to enable audit logging of every registry change, as well as many other system state changes.  You should learn about it.

A kernel driver can register a callback for registry changes, but not in user mode.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:17 PM
  • Hi William305954, 

Thank you for posting here.

As Tim Roberts suggested, monitor any CPU application in C# is not a simple application, and you can search online for third-party applications to do it.

Besides, I find two references.

1. Get Computer Hardware Information using C#
    2. An Implementation of System Monitor

Hope them can help you.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:55 AM