none
Malformed Configuration Database Name After Applying Cumulative Update for SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • I installed the July 2019 cu for a SharePoint 2013 farm recently, and after I did so, I could no longer connect to my sql server configuration database to run psconfig.  I received the following error message.

    An exception of type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was thrown......  The server was not found or was not accessible.

    Research showed that the sql server name had been renamed to include quotes and spaces.  We found this blog post below discussing the issue:

    https://blog.netnerds.net/2011/08/sharepoint-2010-malformed-configuration-database-name-after-update-causes-exception/

    I hesitated to reconstruct my config db, so I simply disconnected the config db and then reconnected the config db.  It took a couple of hours and everything came back up ok.

    I am wondering what I could have done to cause this issue or prevent the problem from reoccurring.


    Teresa Ives

    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:10 PM

Answers

  • Hi Teresa,

    I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

    Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

    If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers.

    Thank you for your understanding.

    Best regards,

    Chelsea Wu


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

    Monday, August 12, 2019 1:14 AM

All replies