none
Xaml with C++ RRS feed

• General discussion

• Good morning,

I'm a new user of Visual Studio 2012 and I have a simple question to make. I have a simple code that create a button in XAML C# and I would like to know if it is possible to write this sample code using C++. I'm targeting apps for Windows Phone 8 and I can't create the similar code in C++.

Button b = new Button();
    ContentPanel.ChildrenAdd(b);

Thanks for collaboration of all forum users;)

Friday, November 9, 2012 11:17 AM

All replies

• No need to bump your post.  It won't get answered more quickly and may turn off some of the more seasoned veterans here.

You can use C++ for "modern (metro) style apps", and I believe that applies to Phone 8 as well as the desktop and Windows RT.

You want to make sure you have either a paid version of Visual Studio, OR the Express version for Windows Phone. 

Once you have the right version of Visual Studio, you might try asking your question on this forum which is a closer match

Friday, November 9, 2012 12:39 PM
  • I only correct my post because it was missing a "." in the code and I thought that I could edit it.... By the way, I want to develop a app to Windows Phone 8 with XAML using C++... Someone reply to me saying that Xaml with C++ is only available for Windows 8 apps and not for Windows Phone 8 apps.

Sorry if I would wrong in this post, that wasn't my purpose with this post!

Thanks

Friday, November 9, 2012 2:20 PM

• Sorry if I would wrong in this post, that wasn't my purpose with this post!

Thanks

You can kindly delete the duplicate post (in grey) from this thread making this Forum a bit cleaner.
    Friday, November 9, 2012 2:40 PM
  • You can't use XAML functions/interface with C++. So you can't publish to wp8 app store just by using C++. Read This for further. 

• Edited by Comptrol Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:46 PM
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:46 PM
  • Hello Ricardo,

To use XAML functions and interface, you have to use C++/CX.

And Building Windows Store apps with C++ is the forum for Windows Store app and C++/CX related issues. Please go to this forum to ask for help. Meanwhile, I think it would be better to change the issue type to "General Discussion". Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Damon Zheng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:56 AM