Problem signing submission package using HCK Studio RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the RTM Windows 8 HCK.

I run HCK Studio, create a project, and do some tests. I then attempt to create a package. I can create one which is not signed without a problem.

If I attempt to sign it using a certificate file, and point to our certificate file (a .PFX file), I always

get an error:

HCK Error Message

Unable to sign package.

The specified network package is not correct.

Should this work? Note that it never seems to prompt for the certificate's password.

If I do create an unsigned package, I am able to sign it manually using signtool just fine.

Thank you.

• Moved by HLK Moderator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:10 PM WLK/WHCK related (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Friday, August 31, 2012 9:51 PM

Answers

• See "How to sign the HCK package?"
    <http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wdk/thread/511f8fb7-966a-49d8-88c7-9f73ffe7ac5a>

For your information:
    Windows HCK Release Notes
     Kit Infrastructure Known Issues
      Signing an .hckx file – Signtool cannot be used to sign an .hckx file. The HCK Studio UI or Object Model is the only way to sign an .hckx file. The Studio UI is able to query the personal certificate store for code signing certificates or use a non-password protected certificate file. In order to sign an .hckx file using a certificate contained in a password protected file the Object Model must be used and is easily automated via PowerShell.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:57 PM

All replies

• See "How to sign the HCK package?"
    <http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wdk/thread/511f8fb7-966a-49d8-88c7-9f73ffe7ac5a>

For your information:
    Windows HCK Release Notes
     Kit Infrastructure Known Issues
      Signing an .hckx file – Signtool cannot be used to sign an .hckx file. The HCK Studio UI or Object Model is the only way to sign an .hckx file. The Studio UI is able to query the personal certificate store for code signing certificates or use a non-password protected certificate file. In order to sign an .hckx file using a certificate contained in a password protected file the Object Model must be used and is easily automated via PowerShell.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:57 PM
  • Also, to use a password protected cert, you could install the cert and then select it from the certificate store.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 4:45 PM