Error processing SSI file RRS feed

• Question

• User-987965249 posted

I've just set up WebMatrix to work on a web site that I've published successfully. The site uses server-side includes for a nav bar, header, and footer. But when I run the site locally from WebMatrix the pages display "error processing SSI file" wherever the includes should be.

The included files are in a subdirectory, so I'm using <!--#include virtual="../includes/header.shtml" --> , for example, to point to the include.

The errors occur in Firefox and IE, both the latest versions.

Another problem that may be related is that a couple of pages aren't displayed at all. One has a .php extension, for which this error is displayed:

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

The other is my home page, at http://localhost:16305/index.shtml, which gets a 404 error. If I change the file's extension to .html, the page displays (with no SSI error message, but the nav bar area is blank).

My settings in IIS Manager, in Handler Mappings, are:

SSI-html: Enabled, Handler is ServerSideIncludeModule

SSINC-shtm: Enabled, Handler is ServerSideIncludeModule

SSINC-shtml: Enabled, Handler is ServerSideIncludeModule

SSINC-stm: Enabled, Handler is ServerSideIncludeModule

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:25 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:

• The handler mapping for the requested file name extension is not configured.
    • The appropriate MIME type is not configured for the Web site or for the application.

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Configure a handler mapping for the requested file name extension.

2. Configure an appropriate MIME type for the Web site.

Further information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942032/en-us 

Regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:18 PM