won't boot after 'detecting a problem with my filesystem'.

Question

• Action center recently notified me that windows found an issue with some file system error. It told me to restart so windows could fix it. After reboot, it self started a few times, now it shows bootloader but restarts after a few loops. What should I do
    Friday, September 30, 2011 1:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Eugene,

Have you tried to do a "Refresh" or "Reset" of the Developer Preview? I would recommend trying a "Refresh" first and if that does not work try the "Reset". Below is a breakdown of the two options and how to perform them.

Windows Developer Preview comes with options to restore your PC to its original state:

• Basic Reset, which gives you an easy option to restart fresh while retaining all of your documents, accounts, personal settings, and even the apps you have downloaded.
    • Advanced options allow for Complete Reset, which restores the PC to the state it was in when originally purchased.

You can access the these options by selecting the CONTROL PANEL tile on the Metro UI, scrolling to select MORE SETTINGS, and selecting RECOVERY.

Friday, September 30, 2011 2:27 PM
    Answerer
  • You can try booting into Safe Mode and running Chkdsk.

Now run chkdsk:
    1. Disable any security software before attempting to upgrade or do a clean install.
    2. Make sure your computer is updated (devices and applications)
    3. Disconnect any external devices before installing.
    4. Check your hard disk for any errors:
    Click Start
    Type: CMD, from the results, right click CMD
    Click 'Run as Administrator'
    At the Command Prompt, type: chkdsk /r /f
    When you restart your system, your computer will be scanned for errors and attempts will be made to correct them.

Marilyn
    Friday, October 7, 2011 12:52 AM