get SSID of all available networks?

Question

• Hi guys,

is it possible to extract SSIDs (networks' names) from all available networks? Preferably in C#.

I know how to extract the SSID from the network you are currently connected to by using NetworkInterfaceInfo class, but not from all networks. It looks like its possible using C++ according to the thread I found here, so it should be possible in C# as well, right?

Thanks for any info, guys.

Thursday, January 01, 2015 10:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please see the NetworkInformation class

The class have a method of GetConnectionProfiles which can gets a list of profiles for connections, active or otherwise, on the local machine.

And I test these codes below in surface:

var internetProfile = NetworkInformation.GetConnectionProfiles();
                for(int i=0;i<internetProfile.Count;i++)
                {
                    var name = internetProfile[i].ProfileName;

}

Which can success extract all of available network names

For additional examples of how NetworkInformation class methods are implemented to retrieve connection profiles, see Quickstart: Retrieving network connection information.

And check out Network information sample

Best Wishes for you!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Friday, January 02, 2015 5:50 AM