locked
MDS - 110001: A general error occured RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello all,

    I am facing an error while adding attributes to an entity. The setup is as below: -

    I have 2 MDS 2012 databases (MDSDB1 and MDSDB2) and 2 MDS sites MDS1 and MDS2. Site MDS1 is configured to MDSDB1 and MDS2 is confirgured to MDSDB2. First to setup was MDSDB1 and MDS1 (After some days, i had setup MDSDB2 and MDS2).

    I have setup an test entity and business rules. Everything works fine on setup1 (MDS1 on MDSDB1), i can add attributes to the entity and the business rules are invoked with out any issues. But i get an error popup message "110001: A general error occured" when i try to insert entity attribute on setup2 (MDS2 on MDSDB2). Though popup comes, the data is inserted. But the business rules are not triggered. I thought it might be something to do with business rules and deleted the same. But even then when i try to insert data, it gives a popup message.

    Strange thing is that; if i configure MDS2 on MDSDB1, there is no error message. Data is inserted and business rules are invoked as expected.

    Not sure why is this behaviour. Its a generic error message and i am unable to troubleshoot and fix the same.

    Has anybody faced this behaviour and have fix for the same? Is there a log file created by MDS (Like the way SSRS creates log files) which has any trace information?

    FYI, MDS1 is on port 8081 and MDS2 is on port 8083. Please let me know if you need more information.


    • Edited by Nagesh CL Wednesday, August 8, 2012 1:09 PM
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 1:07 PM

Answers

  • Hello all,

    I found the resolution to this. The problem was not with the second instance. The problem was related to database name. I had named the MDSDB2 as "ReferenceData.MDS". I am not sure what is logic, but "." in the DB name was causing this issue. As soon as the "." was replaced with "_" things started working without any issues.

    Thought it would be helpful if somebody is facing this issue.

    Thanks.

    • Marked as answer by Nagesh CL Friday, August 10, 2012 6:36 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2012 6:36 AM

All replies

  • Hello all,

    I found the resolution to this. The problem was not with the second instance. The problem was related to database name. I had named the MDSDB2 as "ReferenceData.MDS". I am not sure what is logic, but "." in the DB name was causing this issue. As soon as the "." was replaced with "_" things started working without any issues.

    Thought it would be helpful if somebody is facing this issue.

    Thanks.

    • Marked as answer by Nagesh CL Friday, August 10, 2012 6:36 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2012 6:36 AM
  • Thanks, helped me a lot
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:19 PM