Simulation & RoboRealm RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to use the service of vision that RoboRealm have developed. There is an example of Simulation, and I cant start it properly, there is no response of RR service, the image arrive to RR application but doesn't return the image. I reiceve this error,

10 09:50:28 * ### DsspForwarderBig SmilesspReqRspForwarder.TryPostOperation. Queue limit exceeded, discarding inbound operation. Operation type: RoboRealm.Proxy.UpdateFrame. ServiceBig Smilessp.tcp://pcf-0000-1007:50001/roborealmsimulation

Any ideas?? Thanks a lot in advance..

PD: I'm not sure if this post is in the right place..
    Friday, February 22, 2008 9:01 AM

Answers

• This suggests that the RoboRealm service is not running. However, before we start running the simulation, just check a couple of things.

Code Snippet

You should have the simulation service installed in:

C:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\samples\Platforms\RoboRealm\RoboRealmSimulation

Open this solution in Visual Studio. Search for the following code:

SpawnIterator(GetVariable);

Make sure that this line of code is not commented out. It was in the version that I downloaded a little while ago. If it is commented out, uncomment it and rebuild the service.

Check the properties for the solution and make sure that it is set up to run the RoboRealmSimulation.manifest.xml.

To run the simulation, do the following:

1. Make sure that you have installed and tested RoboRealm for MSRS according to the instructions here:

http://www.roborealm.com/help/MSRS.php

2. Run the RoboRealm program from wherever you installed it. Note that this has nothing to do with MSRS and you just need to run RoboRealm.exe.

3. When the RoboRealm window appears, if the Run button at the top of the window is already depressed, click on it to stop running the current robo program.

4. Click on the Options button at the top of the window. In the options dialog, click on the API Server tab. Make sure that Activate RoboRealm API Server is checked and the port is 6060. Click on OK.

5. Click on the Open button. Find Simulation_example.robo (probably where you first unpacked the software) and open it.

6. Click on the run button. The image display window will be black, but there should be a red rectangle in the bottom right which is the image source window. It does a "picture in picture" type of display.

7. Now run the the RoboRealmSimulation in Visual Studio. The simulator should appear with a LEGO NXT Tribot and a single yellow cone. The Tribot will start driving around in circles.

8. Look at the RoboRealm window and you should see what the robot sees in the bottom right corner of the image display window, and when the cone appears it will be a large yellow blob with a box around it in the main part of the image display. The robot will lock onto this and drive towards it.

9. When the robot gets close to the cone, it turns and runs away. Then eventually it turns around and starts all over again.

It's pretty impressive stuff, especially for free software

Trevor

Friday, February 22, 2008 12:29 PM

All replies

• This suggests that the RoboRealm service is not running. However, before we start running the simulation, just check a couple of things.

Code Snippet

You should have the simulation service installed in:

C:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\samples\Platforms\RoboRealm\RoboRealmSimulation

Open this solution in Visual Studio. Search for the following code:

SpawnIterator(GetVariable);

Make sure that this line of code is not commented out. It was in the version that I downloaded a little while ago. If it is commented out, uncomment it and rebuild the service.

Check the properties for the solution and make sure that it is set up to run the RoboRealmSimulation.manifest.xml.

To run the simulation, do the following:

1. Make sure that you have installed and tested RoboRealm for MSRS according to the instructions here:

http://www.roborealm.com/help/MSRS.php

2. Run the RoboRealm program from wherever you installed it. Note that this has nothing to do with MSRS and you just need to run RoboRealm.exe.

3. When the RoboRealm window appears, if the Run button at the top of the window is already depressed, click on it to stop running the current robo program.

4. Click on the Options button at the top of the window. In the options dialog, click on the API Server tab. Make sure that Activate RoboRealm API Server is checked and the port is 6060. Click on OK.

5. Click on the Open button. Find Simulation_example.robo (probably where you first unpacked the software) and open it.

6. Click on the run button. The image display window will be black, but there should be a red rectangle in the bottom right which is the image source window. It does a "picture in picture" type of display.

7. Now run the the RoboRealmSimulation in Visual Studio. The simulator should appear with a LEGO NXT Tribot and a single yellow cone. The Tribot will start driving around in circles.

8. Look at the RoboRealm window and you should see what the robot sees in the bottom right corner of the image display window, and when the cone appears it will be a large yellow blob with a box around it in the main part of the image display. The robot will lock onto this and drive towards it.

9. When the robot gets close to the cone, it turns and runs away. Then eventually it turns around and starts all over again.

It's pretty impressive stuff, especially for free software

Trevor

Friday, February 22, 2008 12:29 PM

• Thanks Trevor, the application function correctly, I've combine now with my own simulation, and I'm testing with the different algorithms. Thanks again...
    Monday, February 25, 2008 7:10 AM
  • Error    1    Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'C:\Users\niranjan\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008 R3\samples\Platforms\RoboRealm\RoboRealmSimulation\obj\Debug\RoboRealmSimulation.Y2008.M12.dll' -- 'Error reading key file 'c:\Documents and Settings\administrator\Microsoft Robotics Dev Studio 2008 R3\samples\mrisamples.snk' -- The system cannot find the path specified. '    RoboRealmSimulation

Im getting this error when running the program from visual studio...

Monday, November 29, 2010 10:57 AM
  • This looks like you installed RDS under the Administrator account but you are trying to use if from a different account.

In the future, please do to attach new questions to existing threads -- create a new thread.

Trevor

Friday, December 10, 2010 8:13 AM