none
Controls not "sticking" to tab page

Question

• Visual Studio version 10.0.30319.1

Windows 7

In design mode, add a tab to an existing tab control with existing tabs.  Place a control on the new tab.  Move the control then click on the tab page.  The control "falls through" all of the other tabs and is now on the first tab.  No controls stick to the tab page. 

It's obviously worked in the past as I have 5 existing tabs with dozens of combo boxes, labels, textboxes, etc.  that stay on their tabs and were, in development, moved about without problems.

Anyone know what's up with this?

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi DyanHogue,

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Would you please share us which type project you created? In my side, I have created a new WinForm project and dragged a tab control to an existing control, then I move it without any problems, just as the following screenshot:

Please refer to the following step to troubleshot your issue:

You could create a new project and drag the tab controls that the same as your old project. To observe whether has the same issue.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:43 AM