Subreport Issue in Crystal Reports 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Scenario of my issue goes like below:

I have to develop a report for bill printing where a bill with duplicate copy should get printed below the main bill and the stationary is A4 size sheet.

I have solved it like below:

I have created a report called BillPrint.rpt which prints the single bill for a given Bill No. Now since duplicate is required, I'll go for creation of another report called BillPrintMain.rpt which contains only 2 page footer sections of 4.5" hight each called PF-a and PF-b. Each of these sections contain a subreport, which is nothing but BillPrint.rpt.

Issue with the given solution:

Above provided solution works fine if my bill contains only few items, say, max of 15 items per bill. If a bill crosses 15 items in it, only 15 items would be printed in the main and duplicate copy of the bill and rest would not be printed at all. But if I try to print from the BillPrint.rpt, it would be able to print the bill in multiple pages. BillPrintMain.rpt prints the bill in multiple pages. But when the same is used as a subreport in BillPrintMain.rpt, Main/Sub report would not render the report to multiple pages.

How do I solve this?

Thanks in advance for everyone who would try to solve this for me.

Jagadeesh Aithal

Jagadeesh Aithal
    Monday, July 5, 2010 4:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Please use the Crystal Reports forum for your question - http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vscrystalreports/threads

Thanks

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:17 AM
  • If you are using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2008, then the subreport.EnableCanGrow property should be set to true else the height that you used during design time restricts how many records can be shown.
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:59 AM
  • @Srini Banala

Did you mark this as the answer by mistake?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:12 AM
  • This is not the right forum to discuss Crystal Report.. Our guideline is to redirect the user to the right forum and mark the post as answered.

Rafael Barcelos - SDET Transactions/Agreements Team
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:33 PM