none
VS 2015 Freezes when loading asp design view

Question

• Something strange happened to my dev enviornment, I have a assp.net webapp with webforms, it all worked ass supposed until one day I got a bluescreen and the computer restarted while VS2005 Community was open, and since then if I open the project in SOURCE view I get:

Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
    Warning        "PROJECT FOLDER": ASP.NET runtime error: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/SOME KEY/CBMOutOfProcService that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.   "PROJECT FOLDER".

If I click in Design VS freezes indefinetley.

But If I run VS as administrator it all works good, does anyone knows what could I do to make it work properly W/O runing in admin mode?

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 7:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Ing. Raul,

Please try repair your Visual Studio through Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Visual Studio 2015 -> Change -> Repair. I'm afraid that the Visual Studio installation is broken when your computer gets the bluescreen.

Since your Visual Studio works fine before your computer occurs bluescreen, I suggest restore your Windows to check wether this issue is caused by your computer environment. And if you don't want to restore your Windows, I suggest you try on another machine and compare these two computers environment.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 08, 2016 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Ing. Raul,

Since this issue can be resolved when running VS as administrator, please check whether this issue is caused by the access permission for your Visual Studio installation path and Project path. Please check your current Windows user, whether it has enough read/write permission for the Visual Studio path and project path first.

And before this issue occurs after your computer got a bluescreen, I assume there has any problem on your computer environment. Please change another machine which installed Visual Studio Community 2015 to check whether it also has this issue.

In addition, please create a new project to check whether this issue also occurs with the new project. If not, please try move the original project files to the new project.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, July 07, 2016 10:27 AM
  • Hi thanks for your fast response, I changed all files for my in vs install path and if I click on the sln file to open the project, when it loads its still the same(All files and folders of the project path have all permissions selected), it only works when I open VS first as Admin and the from there I open the project, I created a new project and it has the same behaviour, before the bluescreen everithing was working fine...
    Thursday, July 07, 2016 8:06 PM
  • Hi Ing. Raul,

Please try repair your Visual Studio through Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Visual Studio 2015 -> Change -> Repair. I'm afraid that the Visual Studio installation is broken when your computer gets the bluescreen.

Since your Visual Studio works fine before your computer occurs bluescreen, I suggest restore your Windows to check wether this issue is caused by your computer environment. And if you don't want to restore your Windows, I suggest you try on another machine and compare these two computers environment.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, July 08, 2016 5:52 AM