none
Why doesn't mscorlib update to 3.5? RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed (and reinstalled) .net 3.5 SP1.
    Yet when i reference mscorlib in VS2008 i can only chose a mscorlib with a runtime version v2.0.50727 and version 2.0.0.0
    Shouldn't it be version 3.5?
    I have the same problem with the System.dll, System.data, System.drawing etc.

System.core.dll is has runtime version v2.0.50727 and version 3.5.0.0!

Is this as it should be or is something wrong with my computer/installation?

I hope this is in the right forum...i didn't think it would fit in .net Framework setup as i have no problem installing.

"Life would be much easier if i only had the sourcecode"
    Monday, February 16, 2009 4:24 PM

Answers

• The CLR and the base class libraries are still version 2.0.50727.  Although they have changed at least 3 times since .NET 2.0 was first released.  Only the revision number was changed.  Side-by-side versioning was abandoned, it might come back in .NET 4.0 where the CLR host will now allow more than one version of the CLR to run in a process.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, February 16, 2009 7:12 PM

All replies

• CLR version is different from assemblie file version. I can have my file versioned 14.0.0.0 yet still requires CLR 2.0.
    MSMVP VC++
    Monday, February 16, 2009 5:29 PM
  • The CLR and the base class libraries are still version 2.0.50727.  Although they have changed at least 3 times since .NET 2.0 was first released.  Only the revision number was changed.  Side-by-side versioning was abandoned, it might come back in .NET 4.0 where the CLR host will now allow more than one version of the CLR to run in a process.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, February 16, 2009 7:12 PM
  • Thank you for your answers! :)
    "Life would be much easier if i only had the sourcecode"
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:27 AM