none
RequestedWidth property is invalid in Office App manifest RRS feed

• Question

• Created a Task Panel add-in for Excel using the JavaScript API.  The add-in manifest contains the following section by default:

<DefaultSettings>
        <SourceLocation DefaultValue="~remoteAppUrl/App/Home/Home.html" />    
      </DefaultSettings>

I'm trying to set a narrower initial width of the task panel add-in.  Based on https://dev.office.com/reference/add-ins/manifest/requestedwidth, I added <RequestedWidth>200</RequestedWidth> inside <DefaultSettings>.  However, Visual Studio reports it as invalid element.

Did I do something wrong or it is a bug in Visual Studio?  Thanks!

--Stanley

Monday, May 23, 2016 9:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Stanley,

As this link DefaultSettings element, RequestedWidth and RequestedHeight are not supported in TaskPane.

I know Task pane seems to supported type in your link, but if you check the details information in your link, it says RequestedWidth specifies the initial width of a content add in.

So, I think there is an error in the link you provided, and RequestedWidth is not supported in Task Pane.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:43 AM
  • Hi Stanley,

Yes, I think there is no way to customize initial width for TaskPane add in with Office add in api.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Stanley,

As this link DefaultSettings element, RequestedWidth and RequestedHeight are not supported in TaskPane.

I know Task pane seems to supported type in your link, but if you check the details information in your link, it says RequestedWidth specifies the initial width of a content add in.

So, I think there is an error in the link you provided, and RequestedWidth is not supported in Task Pane.

Best Regards,

Edward

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:43 AM
  • Thanks a lot for the clarification, Edward!  Yes, there does seem to be an error in the online doc.

Can I conclude that there is no other way to customize the initial width of the TaskPane add-in when it is loaded?

--Stanley

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:56 AM
  • Hi Stanley,

Yes, I think there is no way to customize initial width for TaskPane add in with Office add in api.

Best Regards,

Edward

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:34 AM
  • Thank you for the great help, Edward!

--Stanley

Thursday, May 26, 2016 7:28 AM