none
Dev Network Unique Name? Really? RRS feed

• Question

• First time back since my company decided to go all MS Cloud for everything and totally screw up all of my MS accounts that used my company email. First problem I see is, Why does MS insist on a unique display name? I don't do any online gaming. Got rid of my XBox a long time ago, so why do I have to create a unique name? It is old fashion. No such thing as a unique name any more, not with millions of online users now. Unique names were only good in the '90s and early 2000's. 

For MS, allow for any display name for Dev net accounts and stop forcing us to tie it to the online gaming structure.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:36 AM

All replies

• First time back since my company decided to go all MS Cloud for everything and totally screw up all of my MS accounts that used my company email. First problem I see is, Why does MS insist on a unique display name? I don't do any online gaming. Got rid of my XBox a long time ago, so why do I have to create a unique name? It is old fashion. No such thing as a unique name any more, not with millions of online users now. Unique names were only good in the '90s and early 2000's. 

For MS, allow for any display name for Dev net accounts and stop forcing us to tie it to the online gaming structure.

This section is only for Visual Studio Subscription query and related feedback.

Please post your query in the relevant section.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:43 PM