none
How to capture the pipeline validation error messages in BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a flat file disassembler for which the validation is set to true. When the schema validation failure occurs. I get only this message in the ErrorReport.Description "The Messaging Engine encountered an error during the processing of one or more inbound messages." but I need to capture the validation error messages and send an email through SMTP adapter.

however I get this error message in event log

There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "<pipeline name>" Source: "Pipeline " Receive Port: "<receiveport name>" URI: "<file name>" Reason: The document failed to validate because of the following error:"The 'Amount' element has an invalid value according to its data type."

But how do I get this error message (that gets logged only in the event log) to get into the ErrorReport message so that I can use it and send email ?

Any ideas how to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance (Please help me)

Surya

Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Surya,

You need an extended XMLValidation pipeline component. You can use Saravana Kumar's component or create one similar (If you don't want obsolete classes in .NET 2.0) or check out this sample ..These component consolidates all the errors instead of throwing exception on the first occurrence of an error. Then use failed message routing to subscribe to these failed messages and send email to support/relevant team to handle these errors.

Or extend the Flat File Disassembler Pipeline Component for your purpose and subscribe the failed messages and send email by a .net assembly or by SMTP adapter.

Cheers

M.R.ASHWINPRABHU

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:51 AM