Test results disappeared RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday, our test results were accurately reflected in the progress bar on the Test tab and in the test plan Properties.  Today, most of the results have disappeared.  We are running our tests from a query based suite.  Does anyone know how we can retrieve our test results and why they are not showing?  Thanks.

Jolene Boumeester

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Jolene Boumeester,

Thanks for your update.

According to your description. I did a test in my side, but I can't reproduce your issue.

I am using MTM 2015 and TFS 2015.  If possible, please share the detailed steps to reproduce your issue so that we could better troubleshoot it .

In addition, if you are sure the problem is inevitable. Please try to create a query based suite and add several test cases then reproduce it. If the same issue occurred .  

In this case, I suggest you could feedback to the I suggest that you could submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal:

http://connect.microsoft.com, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by lake Xiao Tuesday, April 5, 2016 7:15 AM
    Friday, March 18, 2016 1:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Jolene Boumeester,

Thanks for your post.

>>most of the results have disappeared.  

Could you please tell me where did you view the test results before?

As far a I know, you can view the test results in the Test Analyze. Please check the test results in the Analyze Test Runs.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Edited by lake Xiao Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:30 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:30 AM
  • We were looking at the progress bar and stats in the upper right corner of the Run Tests tab, as well as the analyze tab.  I figured out what happened, but we do not know HOW it happened.  When the test plan was initially set up, we had multiple configurations defined for each test case.  Two weeks ago, we removed all but one configuration for each test case. Somehow, two nights ago, the configuration for all test cases was updated from Win7 to Win10.  The tester assignments and the test results were removed from view and from stats because they were associated with the Win7 config/test runs.  Late yesterday, I "reset" the config on all test cases and the test results returned.  No one on the team knows how the config on these test cases was changed to Win10.  The properties page still reflects the configs that I initially set up.  We are running Visual Studio 2013, but our TFS server is 2010.  I can't find a way to view history from a plan standpoint and cannot see how to track configuration changes on individual test cases.  From the research I've done, I think that capability was added in TFS 2013 Update 3 (server).  If you know how the config may have changed across the board, please let me know so we can avoid having it happen again.  This was a very worrisome situation for us, as we thought we had completely lost the test results for over 100 test cases/test runs.   Thank you!

Jolene Boumeester

• Edited by bjolene Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:38 PM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:37 PM
  • Hi Jolene Boumeester,

Thanks for your update.

According to your description. I did a test in my side, but I can't reproduce your issue.

I am using MTM 2015 and TFS 2015.  If possible, please share the detailed steps to reproduce your issue so that we could better troubleshoot it .

In addition, if you are sure the problem is inevitable. Please try to create a query based suite and add several test cases then reproduce it. If the same issue occurred .  

In this case, I suggest you could feedback to the I suggest that you could submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal:

http://connect.microsoft.com, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by lake Xiao Tuesday, April 5, 2016 7:15 AM
    Friday, March 18, 2016 1:49 AM
  • Hi,

I am also facing the same issue and I am able to see the Results in the Analyze tab where as I have marked the test cases as Completed yesterday which automatically turned into Active state if I see in the Run Tests Tab. If I double click the test case I get the following message.

No result is available for this test. This usually hapens when the test is never executed or the result has been deleted by another user. 

The result is seen in the Analyze Tab. How this is happening. I am using a Query Based Test Suite with TFS & MTM Both are in 2015 

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 11:28 AM