How to change a scope - sync V2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I would like to know how to handle scope changes like adding/removing tables from a scope after the first synchronization ? 

For example, I have a scope with 2 tables : A and B. I do a synchronization between CE database (local) and SQL Server database (central) on this scope.
    After, we add a new table C on the central database and we modify the table A (add new columns). And we want to synchronize again the central database with the local database.
    What's the best practice to do this ? Create a new scope ? Modify the old scope ? we don't want to lose data on the local database ...

Thanks
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:03 PM Forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hello,

For the new table (C): you will want to start synchronizing this table from scratch, this will cause all the applicable rows in table C to be downloaded on the first synchronization. You can acceive this by having table C in a new scope.

For the table with an added column (A): You would want to add the column on the server and client without modifying any tracking metadata. Does the column you are adding have a valid default value?
    --
    Kyle

• Proposed as answer by Kyle Leckie Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:44 PM
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:02 AM