ServiceThrottling vs FlowThrottling RRS feed

• Question

• Can any one explain difference between ServiceThrottling and FlowThrottling I could not find any documentation on this.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

My understanding is that we configure ServiceThrottling to specify the maximum concurrent instances, calls and sessions. If we configure it in configuration file, CLR will serialize throttle settings from xml file during runtime. The class FlowThrottling was used to control the runtime execution behavior of ServiceThrottling. Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by LeoTang Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:34 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2012 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you referring to flow control instead of flow throttling?

If yes, this article can provide you some insight - http://www.request-response.com/blog/PermaLink,guid,a510f1dc-23bb-42aa-b683-a70c4740bfe5.aspx

Regards,

Nauzad Kapadia.

Please "Mark as Answer" if a post has answered your question or "Vote as Helpful" if it was helpful in some way. Here's why

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:19 AM
  • I am referring to System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.FlowThrottle

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:21 PM
  • Hi,

My understanding is that we configure ServiceThrottling to specify the maximum concurrent instances, calls and sessions. If we configure it in configuration file, CLR will serialize throttle settings from xml file during runtime. The class FlowThrottling was used to control the runtime execution behavior of ServiceThrottling. Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by LeoTang Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:34 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2012 6:17 AM