none
Failing the Direct3D Trim after Suspend Test

Question

• I have an app for Windows 8.1 that I am trying to submit to the Windows Store. The app does not use any DirectX or Direct3D features (at least not that I know of, just simple XAML elements like Grid and Rectangle), but it is still failing the Windows App Certification Kit test with the following:

Direct3D Feature Test
    PASSED
    Direct3D feature level support
    FAILED
    Direct3D Trim after Suspend
    • Error Found: The Direct3D Trim after Suspend test detected the following errors:
    • Impact if not fixed:     If the app does not call Trim on its Direct3D device, the app will not release memory allocated for its earlier 3D work. This increases the risk of apps being terminated due to system memory pressure.  
    • How to fix: The app should call the Trim API on its IDXGIDevice3 interface anytime it is about to be suspended.
      More Information

If I click the More Information link, it takes me to a page titled "How to suspend an app (DirectX and C++)". First of all, my app is written in VB.NET, not C++. I seemed to have a little trouble understanding exactly what I needed to add or change in my code, although if I understand correctly, it has something to do with suspending and resuming. Can someone tell me exactly which events I need to handle and what I am required to do in them to make my app meet the required certifications? Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Monday, June 30, 2014 12:37 AM