Reader Quotas and Metadata RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am creating clients using the MetadataResolver, the endpoint binding element which I am resolving has custom Reader Quotas (MaxArrayLength, MaxStringLength etc..).
    The problem is that the Reader Quotes of the resolved Binding do not include the custom values, but rather they are initialized to their default values.
    How would I get the reader quotas to be included in the metadata that is passed from the endpoint and the resolved Binding be initiated with these values?
    Do I need to export the reader quotes as a custom policy assertion?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 3:27 PM

Answers

• Yes, if you wanted to do this, you'd have to make a custom policy assertion.

(Note however that we don't expose the ReaderQuotas in metadata because we intend to treat them as a local decision - the quotas are used as throttles to help prevent various kinds of DoS attacks.  So I would be wary of doing this, because you are effectively trusting the server to give you metadata that describes how to configure some aspects of the client's local security.)

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:53 PM

All replies

• Yes, if you wanted to do this, you'd have to make a custom policy assertion.

(Note however that we don't expose the ReaderQuotas in metadata because we intend to treat them as a local decision - the quotas are used as throttles to help prevent various kinds of DoS attacks.  So I would be wary of doing this, because you are effectively trusting the server to give you metadata that describes how to configure some aspects of the client's local security.)

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:53 PM
  • Thanks

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 8:39 AM