none
JDE Adapter or Web Services RRS feed

• Question

• Just getting started on a new project. Will be creating an interface to JDE Enterprise One to import orders, contacts and related data. I see that there is a JDE Adapter that I can use in BizTalk, so that is a great start.  In reading the documentation it states that there are Web Services to interface with JDE, but the adapter does not use these web services. My question is: "Is it advisable to use the JDE Adapter, or just use the web services to import data to JDE"?

Based on the documentation, it appears as though the JDE Adapter is complex to set up.  With me know being an expert in JDE, but I do have a lot of experience with web services in BT, so it appears as though it might be easier to use the Web Services. Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Friday, July 11, 2014 6:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne offers native support of Web Services.. It’s much nicer and cleaner to have Web Services exposed directly from the JD Edwards server. It is also beneficial to the company because other systems can call the same Web Service, especially if they are looking at an SOA approach.

Thanks

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Pengzhen Song Monday, July 21, 2014 12:00 PM
    Monday, July 14, 2014 3:02 AM

All replies