Missing midi ports with WinRT midi preview RRS feed

• Question

• In any desktop pro application, I see 3 in midi ports and 4 midi out ports. They all have proper descriptive names but when I use the new Midi Preview for Windows Store, I only see 1 midi in and 2 midi out. They don't have the detailed names I have (out) and Midi (out) instead of the full device name. Am I missing anything? I tried running the application in both x64 and x86 modes without any difference.

Erik.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Erik,

Could you share the make/model of the MIDI equipment you're seeing this problem with?

Thanks,
    Kate

Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:00 AM
  • Hi Erik,

Could you share the make/model of the MIDI equipment you're seeing this problem with?

Thanks,
    Kate

Kate,

I have an Edirol PCR-800 and a Steinberg CI-2. Is there any workaround?

Thanks

Erik.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:03 AM
  • Hi Erik,

Thank you for the information.  Can you verify if they are both running with the inbox MIDI class driver or if they are using 3rd party drivers?

CI2 - From Steinberg's website, it looks like it can run with the inbox class driver.  But, they do provide their own driver for advanced functionality within Cubase.

PCR-800 - From Roland's website, they do provide their driver for this product.  However, not sure if the keyboard is USB MIDI compliant and will work with the inbox driver.

Thanks,
    Kate

Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:29 PM
  • Thank you for the information.  Can you verify if they are both running with the inbox MIDI class driver or if they are using 3rd party drivers?

Kate,

Thanks for your help!

How do I check if they using 3rd party drivers or not? The Roland keyboard doesn't work without its specific driver and same for the Steinberg CI-2. Do you have any recommendations on a cheap USB midi that would work with the inbox MIDI class driver?

Erik.

Friday, September 26, 2014 4:49 AM