Azure Content Delivery Network Cache - Request cannot be served RRS feed

• Question

• I setup Azure CDN but the CDN is not purging assets from our app. 

The cache doesn't work. I only have HTTP for the enabled protocol for the endpoint but even though the file is deleted from our app and the request is passed to Azure CDN, it is not deleting.

I can login to Azure Storage Explorer, under File Shares, I see my endpoint, see the file hosted...but I cannot serve it to any of my apps so its useless. Same goes for the Azure Portal. I login, see Storage -> Content Delivery Network -> Endpoint but its "request cannot be served", what am I doing wrong?

Monday, July 8, 2019 6:16 PM

All replies

• Thanks for posting @DigitalMediaGuru, When using Azure CDN with Azure Files, you have to either useREST API for Azure File  share, or SMB protocol to serve/call the file for CDN, are you using one of these operations to serve the file? Using the endpoint only won't be enough. Let me know if this helps.
    Monday, July 8, 2019 7:46 PM
  • Hi Adam, thanks for replying!

Yes. I am using a REST API to serve the files for Azure CDN.

I am trying to integrate my OpenText Adaptive Media Delivery (AMD) software application and used Azure Cloud Shell to create an Azure AD Service Principal to enable AMD to establish an identity for sign-in and access to resources being secured in the Azure CDN.

Problem is, even after this is done - the REST API is not serving any assets. Of any kind.

In AMD, a standard Java interface, com.opentext.adaptivemedia.interfaces.CDNCacheService, is defined to notify CDN to purge a digital asset (ie: image, video) or rendition from the CDN cache. Adaptive Media Delivery provides default implementation classes for the Azure CDN. I am trying to configure AMD to use this implementation of the Azure CDNCache service.

Can you point me to a document which tells me how to test an integration such as this? Or one very similar to it?

Secondarily, how can I check that the Azure CDN has received a request to purge an asset? When the AzureCDNCache service interface is successfully setup, we believe it is passing a request to purge an asset from CDN cache but the CDN is not removing it.

ie:

2019-07-03 12:42:32,960 TRACE [] impl.AzureCDNCacheServiceImpl - >>>buildPostRequest .
    2019-07-03 12:42:32,960 TRACE [] impl.AzureCDNCacheServiceImpl - >>>buildPostRequest .
    2019-07-03 12:42:32,960 TRACE [] impl.AzureCDNCacheServiceImpl - <<<purgeAsset from Azure CDN
    2019-07-03 12:42:32,960 TRACE [] impl.AzureCDNCacheServiceImpl - <<<purgeAsset from Azure CDN

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:17 PM
  • Thanks for the clarifications, the closest document i found bridging storage with CDN is the following: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cdn/cdn-create-a-storage-account-with-cdn

For CDN specific questions, i'd recommend posting on the Azure networking forums: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/home?forum=wavirtualmachinesvirtualnetwork 

There could issues between services that could arise(CDN vs File Share) but I haven't tested this scenario, the initial link provides some feedback but not very specific to Azure FS. Let me know if this helps , if not, we can pursue this as a support case for further investigation. I'll await your feedback.
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:18 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:23 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:49 AM