Error that won't go away RRS feed

• Question

• User-1601355608 posted

I just uploaded the Club site and got this error:

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

So I made the changes as followed and reuploaded it as it has worked in the past. For some reason it will not go away. Any suggestions?

dpr

Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:17 AM

All replies

• User-1705717250 posted

First make sure that the case is right on "Off" 

Make sure that the directory is an iis application and you are running version 2 of the framework on the site.

Hope it helps

Thursday, June 7, 2007 10:38 AM
  • User-1601355608 posted

Thanks I really appreciate your help: Here are the results

I am running 2.0, on IIS, and it is set to off.

Any more suggestions? This is very annoying.

Thanks again, dpr

Thursday, June 7, 2007 2:40 PM
  • User-1705717250 posted

Is the directory setup as a application?

Thursday, June 7, 2007 3:01 PM
  • User-1601355608 posted

I am using godaddy and I have never changed a setting like this before so I am assuming yes - how do I know?

Thanks again for all of your help.

dpr

Thursday, June 7, 2007 4:35 PM
  • User-1601355608 posted

I ran it on my computer and got this error:

Server Error in '/Source' Application.

Keyword not supported: 'trustedconnection'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'trustedconnection'.

Source Error:

Line 59:             end if
    Line 60:             
    Line 61:             throw
    Line 62:             
    Line 63:         end try

Source File: C:\Users\Desktop\Desktop\Source\UserControls\WebContent.ascx    Line: 61

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'trustedconnection'.]
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey) +1406882
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules) +102
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) +52
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous) +24
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(String connectionString, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions) +125
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(String value) +56
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +4
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +21
       ASP.WebContent.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Drexel P Rothrauff\Desktop\Desktop\Source\UserControls\WebContent.ascx:61
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Any suggestions on this one?

THanks

Thursday, June 7, 2007 5:13 PM
  • User-1601355608 posted

I ran it on my computer and got this error:

Server Error in '/Source' Application.

Keyword not supported: 'trustedconnection'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'trustedconnection'.

Source Error:

Line 59:             end if
    Line 60:             
    Line 61:             throw
    Line 62:             
    Line 63:         end try

Source File: C:\Users\Desktop\Desktop\Source\UserControls\WebContent.ascx    Line: 61

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'trustedconnection'.]
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey) +1406882
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules) +102
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) +52
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous) +24
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(String connectionString, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions) +125
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(String value) +56
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +4
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +21
       ASP.WebContent.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Drexel P Rothrauff\Desktop\Desktop\Source\UserControls\WebContent.ascx:61
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Any suggestions on this one?

THanks

Thursday, June 7, 2007 5:13 PM
  • User-1705717250 posted

Can you tell me what 'trustedconnection' is or show me the code for it please.

If it from the connection string it should be Trusted_Connection

<connectionStrings>

<add name="Personal" connectionString="
    Server=whsql-v04.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;
    Database=DB_675;
    User ID=user_id;
    Password=password;
    Trusted_Connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    <remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="
    Server=whsql-v04.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;
    Database=DB_675;
    User ID=user_id;
    Password=password;
    Trusted_Connection=False" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings> 

More info at http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=689&topic_id=216

Hope it helps, let me know how you get on.

Friday, June 8, 2007 3:31 AM
  • User-1705717250 posted

Oh also here are the steps to check the directory setup http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=300&topic_id=173

Friday, June 8, 2007 3:41 AM