AD Connect connection problem RRS feed

• Question

• My Action Pack Office 365 uses a corporate account after my domain registration.

My Action Pack Azure uses a Microsoft account.

The process of synchronizing domain users with Office 365 was successfull but included a new limited Azure account with the same corporate account used by Office 365.

AD Connect Works with this limited Azure account.

But when I try to synchronize with the Azure Account that used a Microsoft account I receive the following error message:

"Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.MicrosoftOnlineException exception".

MPN support told that is not possible to associate Action Pack Azure Account to a corporate account.

Does AD Connect support only corporate accounts?

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 7:13 PM

Answers

• Hello Fvillar1,

Greetings!

Thank you for your response. With regards to your query, synchronizing an On premise environment to Multiple tenant cannot be possible, you can only synchronize to a single tenant. I would suggest you to associate Office 365 subscription and Azure Subscription to the same Azure Active Directory tenant. Now you can have AAD Connect to Sync users from On premise (AD) to Azure Active Directory tenant, then your users will be able to have all features of office 365 as well as Azure Active Directory.

"Microsoft.Online.Administration.Automation.MicrosoftOnlineException exception".

I hope that you are getting the error when you are trying "Connect to Azure AD" ,and here you have provided your MSA credentials which is associated to Azure Active Directory tenant.

If you are trying to sync the users to a particular Azure Active Directory tenant , then you will have to provide the credentials of an account which was created in that particular tenant and it should be assigned as Global Admin role. This account may be your local active directory account (Org ID) which was already synced to Azure Active Directory tenant and have Global Admin role assigned, but this can be use when you want to customize synchronize options.

Hope this helps!

Let us know if you need any further assistance!
    Best Regards
    Kamalakar
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Saturday, August 1, 2015 4:13 PM
  • Thank you for your post, Kamalar.

As stated in my first post MPN support told that is not possible to associate Action Pack Azure Account to a corporate account.

Microsoft Office 365 accepts only corporate account.

This is a limited environment. A temporary one, I hope. In this context it is not possible to "associate Office 365 subscription and Azure Subscription to the same Azure Active Directory tenant"!

Monday, August 3, 2015 6:50 PM

All replies

• Hello fvillar,

Greetings!!

Thanks for the posting here, with regards to your query, I would like to understand little more what you are trying to achieve. Here is a diagram that I understand from your scenario , please let me know if my understanding is correct.

My Understanding:

You have an office 365 subscription (With Org ID)and Synced users from On premise AD using AAD Connect.

You have an Azure Subscription with Microsoft account and you have associated office 365 subscription with Azure Active Directory .

Now you are trying to sync from on premise AD to Azure Active Directory (Microsoft Account).

Is that what you are trying to achieve, we would appreciate if you can explain the scenario bit more.

Best Regards,

Prasandhi Kumar

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 9:54 AM
  • My Understanding:

(Yes) You have an office 365 subscription (With Org ID)and Synced users from On premise AD using AAD Connect.

(No) - In previous step another Azure Account (With Org Id) was create with only AD service associated with O365 You have an Azure Subscription with Microsoft account and you have associated office 365 subscription with Azure Active Directory .

(Yes) Now you are trying to sync from on premise AD to Azure Active Directory (Microsoft Account).

Is that what you are trying to achieve, we would appreciate if you can explain the scenario bit more.

Best Regards,

Prasandhi Kumar

Thank you!

Fernando Villar

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 6:50 PM
  • As you see I have two Azure Accounts! First with Microsoft ID, other with Org ID and only AD service.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 6:52 PM
  • Does AD Connect support only corporate accounts?

Yes. At present, AAD Connect and other directory synchronization tools only support organizational accounts.

Thank you,
    Arvind

Thursday, July 30, 2015 7:26 AM
  • I am sure that this is not what Action Pack Developers expect. We do not want only an incomplete test environment but a test and, for us, production one!

Thank you

Thursday, July 30, 2015 1:08 PM
  • Hello Fvillar1,

Greetings!

Thank you for your response. With regards to your query, synchronizing an On premise environment to Multiple tenant cannot be possible, you can only synchronize to a single tenant. I would suggest you to associate Office 365 subscription and Azure Subscription to the same Azure Active Directory tenant. Now you can have AAD Connect to Sync users from On premise (AD) to Azure Active Directory tenant, then your users will be able to have all features of office 365 as well as Azure Active Directory.

I hope that you are getting the error when you are trying "Connect to Azure AD" ,and here you have provided your MSA credentials which is associated to Azure Active Directory tenant.

If you are trying to sync the users to a particular Azure Active Directory tenant , then you will have to provide the credentials of an account which was created in that particular tenant and it should be assigned as Global Admin role. This account may be your local active directory account (Org ID) which was already synced to Azure Active Directory tenant and have Global Admin role assigned, but this can be use when you want to customize synchronize options.

Hope this helps!

Let us know if you need any further assistance!
    Best Regards
    Kamalakar
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Saturday, August 1, 2015 4:13 PM
  • Thank you for your post, Kamalar.

As stated in my first post MPN support told that is not possible to associate Action Pack Azure Account to a corporate account.

Microsoft Office 365 accepts only corporate account.

This is a limited environment. A temporary one, I hope. In this context it is not possible to "associate Office 365 subscription and Azure Subscription to the same Azure Active Directory tenant"!

Monday, August 3, 2015 6:50 PM