Are there any new templates in EW4? RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any new templates in EW4 (compared to EW2) ?

How can I assure that installation of EW4 will not delete the templates I have with EW2?

• Edited by exe44 Monday, June 28, 2010 4:36 AM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 4:16 AM

Answers

• Not yet.  We're working on a new set that will be released as a download, I believe, but we're not ready to give out any details on this yet.

The Expression Web 4 Setup won't touch anything from any of the earlier versions.

Paul Bartholomew, Microsoft Expression Web
    Monday, June 28, 2010 6:04 PM

All replies

• As far as I can tell, EW 4 has the same ones as EW3. Organization 1-6, Personal 1-7, and Small Business 1-6. I think these are a good starting point and leave it to you to go from there.
    Monday, June 28, 2010 4:26 AM
  • Not yet.  We're working on a new set that will be released as a download, I believe, but we're not ready to give out any details on this yet.

The Expression Web 4 Setup won't touch anything from any of the earlier versions.

Paul Bartholomew, Microsoft Expression Web
    Monday, June 28, 2010 6:04 PM
  • EW 4 does not install over EW 2. All versions of EW install as completely separate programs, so all parts of all programs remain intact.

The templates in EW are basically for layout purposes, offering different numbers of columns, navigation locations, etc. If you're looking for templates for house rentals, sailing excursions, music stores, etc., I doubt that MS would be working on something like that. The included templates are just to get you going with the grunt work out of the way for site layout. Customizing them to the point of unrecognizability is up to you.

I dream of a better world...a world in which a chicken can cross the road without its motives being questioned.
    Monday, June 28, 2010 10:45 PM