Corruption in Outlook Folders when using MAPI protocol RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to synchronize with Outlook from another application. It's all working very well except that when leaving my application, this seems to cause a corruption in Outlook.

Indeed, when trying to open a folder, I get the following message:
    Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Another application closed unexpectedly while using your Personal Folders file 'C:\Documents and Settings\ABCDE\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlookimap.blablabla.com-00000004.pst'. To prevent potential damage to your Personal Folders file, it will not be available until you close all applications currently using it.

I think something's wrong with the way I'm dealing with the MAPI protocol, probably forgetting to close or release something. But since I do lot of things with it (actually, somebody did, and now i'm trying to understand what it is ;-) ), it will be helpful if someone can point out where could be the possible problem.

What the application is doing basically is retrieving the contacts from a MAPI store which contains the highest count of contacts.

I know I do not give lot of details here, but that's because I have to dig also by myself to understand the things that are done... But if someone can already give me a place to look, this would be nice ;-)

I will try to edit this post, when I retrieve more information...

TY

Baptiste
    Monday, April 20, 2009 3:17 PM

Answers