CommandBar.resx missing in Visual Studio 2010 Add-ins? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created a Visual Studio Add-in with the wizard and selected the option to add the command to the Tools menu. However, it only works in an English VS since the "Tools" menu to which it adds it is hard coded. Now I've found many threads about this issue and that it is supposed to use the CommandBar.resx to look up the localized string. However, my wizard does not seem to generate this file. Also the generated code does not include the localized lookup while I've read on some sites that it should.

Is this something that has been removed in Visual Studio 2010? Most things I've read where about vs 2005 or 2008. Can someone please help me and let me know how I'm supposed to add the command to the Tools menu in a correct way that does not depend on the localization?

Thanks,

Lammert

Friday, February 25, 2011 1:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you tried the idea outlined here?

Ryan

Friday, February 25, 2011 4:26 PM
  • There answer there indeed seems to be the solution. Thanks for that.

I am still surprised however why this page describes another solution that does no longer seem to work in VS 2010.

Regards,

Lammert

Monday, February 28, 2011 8:53 AM
  • Just an oversight, I will file a documentation bug to have it cleaned up, thanks for pointing it out!

Ryan

Monday, February 28, 2011 4:19 PM