Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed. RRS feed

• Question

• User380124997 posted

Hello All,

I have created two pages one is working fine but why I am getting the above error on my second page. I googled it and found solution that may be your machine.config doesn't have provider details in that, but one of my page is working fine. I can not understand what the problem is.

Following is my connection string in web.config:

<add name="GovPrjConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=DDD\PR;Initial Catalog=abc;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=****" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> 

Thanx

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 7:23 AM

Answers

• User753101303 posted

Humm. So you have a single connection string (I mean not two connection string with the same value but really a SINGLE connection string ?) If yes, could the problem be in your code? Do you read the connection string yourself? Do you have a data control that points to this named connection string ?

If not (ie you have a connection string named "a" and a connectionstring named "b") I would swap them. If then the page that work doesn't work any more and the page that doesn't work now works, it would show that those connection string are NOT identical.

For now Id bout this is really an issue with your SqlClient provider.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 4:03 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Seems correct. You are sure this is this one that doesn't work? The other page that works doesn't use the same connection string (and provider ???)

What if you compare both?

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:04 AM
  • User380124997 posted

Other page using same connection string and providername and works fine, that's why I am confusing why this is not working, is this because of any other reason..??

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:46 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Humm. So you have a single connection string (I mean not two connection string with the same value but really a SINGLE connection string ?) If yes, could the problem be in your code? Do you read the connection string yourself? Do you have a data control that points to this named connection string ?

If not (ie you have a connection string named "a" and a connectionstring named "b") I would swap them. If then the page that work doesn't work any more and the page that doesn't work now works, it would show that those connection string are NOT identical.

For now Id bout this is really an issue with your SqlClient provider.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 4:03 PM
  • User380124997 posted

Yes I have used a dropdownlist filled by a sqldatasource data source and i have not defined provider name for that, that was the error, the problem was with my code only.

Thanks for your suggestion

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 4:11 PM