none
The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading windows service from .NET v3.5 to V4.0 gives following error:
    The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 791F9AAA (79140000) with exit code 80131506.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:33 PM

Answers

• The first thing is to put the URI into a webbrowser and see if you can get to the server.  If you don't get an error that usually indicates the webbrowser credentials (proxy settings) are allow the connection to complete.  You then must change your code to add the default credential setting.  I need to seee your webrequest constructor to figure out how to set the credentials properly.

jdweng

Friday, August 3, 2012 12:16 AM

All replies

• What class are you using?  There are some default settings in some classes that changed from Net 3.5 to 4.0.  So you may need to set some additional properties in your code to get it to work in 4.0.

jdweng

Thursday, August 2, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Main classes are
    System.IO.StreamWriter
    System.IO.File
    System.Net.WebUtility
    Timer
    EventLog

One of the important point is application calls unmanaged DLL method using DllImport Attribute class.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 1:14 PM
  • What line(s) of code produces the error.  I need to see some or the code to determine what is wronmg.  I think it is in the System.Net.WebUtility since you are getting an IP error  in th eerror message "Runtime at IP".

You may need to use wireshark to help find the internet error.

jdweng

Thursday, August 2, 2012 1:30 PM
  • We have used only WebUtility.HtmlDecode method only.

One of the interesting thing is it is woking fine on one server and throws error on other windows server 2003.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 1:39 PM
  • The first thing is to put the URI into a webbrowser and see if you can get to the server.  If you don't get an error that usually indicates the webbrowser credentials (proxy settings) are allow the connection to complete.  You then must change your code to add the default credential setting.  I need to seee your webrequest constructor to figure out how to set the credentials properly.

jdweng

Friday, August 3, 2012 12:16 AM