Access KMDF / WDM driver directly from Store App

Question

• I'm the new to development of Store App.

As far as I'm concerned, if a Store App wants to access UMDF driver, it should:

1. Add an [AddInterface] field in [Interfaces] section in INF file of UMDF such as:

[MyDevice_Install.NT.Interfaces]
    AddInterface={d5690749-5694-4eed-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX},,Sample_Interface

2. Create Device Interface in UMDF Source code:
     hr = m_FxDevice->CreateDeviceInterface(&GUID_DEVINTERFACE_Sample,NULL);
    // GUID_DEVINTERFACE_Sample = {d5690749-5694-4eed-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}

3. Add metadata in Store App so that it can access the UMDF Driver

Unfortunately, I have to access Kernel-Mode Driver(both WDM and KMDF, Internal Driver such as filter driver, not Bluetooth, USB standard driver) directly without the help of UMDF driver in Store App because of client's requirement.

I've found some samples in WDK8.1 such as:

Custom driver access sample
    Sample KMDF Function Driver for OSR USB-FX2
    Sample UMDF Function Driver for OSR USB-FX2 (UMDF Version 1)

But those don't meet my needs.

Under such circumstance, is there any sample or solution someone can provide?

Monday, April 28, 2014 2:42 AM

All replies

• You'll have to explain what you are looking to do before we can make any further recommendations.  The samples we have should provide what you need.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, April 28, 2014 7:09 PM
  • I'm sorry for lack of details.

Now I have below drivers:

1. A WDM ACPI Filter Driver

2. A KMDF Keyboard Filter Driver

I would like to do:

Send IOCTL to both 2 drivers directly in Store App so that it can control the specified hardware switch.

Now I was told if the Drivers want tobe accessed by Store App, it shouldSupport IDeviceIoControl interface (I don't know how to do in KMDF or WDM) and OTHER necessary operations (I would like to get more information).

So, could you provide more details about my need?

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:14 AM