Screen divides in two parts and opens a browser in second part of the screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am working on a windows 8 store apps. From my app after click on a predefine link i want to open that link on default browser. I have already implement this on my app. But the problem is that when browser is opening screen is dividing into 2 parts. Browser open on 2nd part of the screen.

I am using the below code for open the link on browser:

await Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(new Uri("http://www.txtowl.com"));

I have attached the screen shot. Please look into it and suggest me what is the actual problem.

I need all of your expert suggestion. Thanks in advanced ,
    Tapas Saha

wp7

Friday, October 4, 2013 11:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Tapas,

this is the Default-behaviour. To change it, use the LauncherOptions like below as second parameter:

var options = new LauncherOptions
    {
        DesiredRemainingView = Windows.UI.ViewManagement.ViewSizePreference.UseNone
    };
    await Launcher.LaunchUriAsync(new Uri("http://www.txtowl.com"), options);

Thomas Claudius Huber

"If you can´t make your app run faster, make it at least look & feel extremly fast"

twitter: @thomasclaudiush
    homepage: www.thomasclaudiushuber.com
    author of: ultimate Windows Store Apps handbook | ultimate WPF handbook | ultimate Silverlight handbook

Friday, October 4, 2013 11:04 AM
  • Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your good suggestion. I just try to apply your code on my app. Its showing error. Actually
    "DesiredRemainingView" not finding. I am using C# application , and I think your code for javascript. So please I need your help again. Please suggest me same for C#.

Thanks in advance,
    Tapas

wp7

Friday, October 4, 2013 2:01 PM
  • Splitting the screen the default behavior on Windows 8.1.

Thomas' code is C# but is new for Windows 8.1 apps. Windows 8 apps cannot affect this. If you upgrade your app to a Windows 8.1 app then you can set the DesiredView as Thomas suggests.

See DesiredRemainingView | desiredRemainingView property

--Rob

Friday, October 4, 2013 2:14 PM