none
Azure Backup - Oracle ASM disks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

I have an Azure VM ( Linux) deployed to run my Oracle workload. The idea is to use Oracle ASM feature. 

Attached 7 disks(managed disks - Premium SSD) to the instances and configured Oracle ASM. 

Apart from Oracle RMAN backup, want to make utilize Azure backup to backup my instance. 

now coming to real issue, since Oracle ASM requires disks to raw disks . so, when I run backup, will my backup include data from raw disks? 

Have read from other articles that, VM snapshot do not honor RAW disks, please clarify in this regard.

Please help. 

Regards

Thahif

Friday, January 10, 2020 1:20 PM

All replies

• I don’t think there would be an issue with the backup. Raw ASM disks are included as part of Azure IaaS VM backup but they don’t participate in the app consistency or file system freeze operations. The other backup option you could explore is backup to disk and then use selective disk backup preview, being announced today.  Let me know if you're interested in this preview functionality and I can help you sign up for preview.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote. Feel free to reach out to us if you've additional questions in this regard.

Monday, January 20, 2020 5:16 AM