none
SQL Server 2008 Installation Media

Question

• I no longer have the Installation Media (CD) for my Microsoft SQL Server Workgroup 2008. However, I do have the product key. I am looking to download this software on an upgraded server, but can't find any way to get the installation media. Microsoft stopped carrying it. Any ideas?
    Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:20 PM

All replies

• If you have  MSDN subscription you would get the installation files from their apart from that I dont think you can find installation files anywhere.

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, March 16, 2017 5:29 PM
  • Hi, possibly this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=1279

Under install instructions there are self-extracting executables listed.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:05 PM
  • Hi, possibly this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=1279

Under install instructions there are self-extracting executables listed.

Kevin did you tried downloading from link, this is not going to give you SQL Server 2008

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, March 17, 2017 4:03 AM
  • Kevin did you tried downloading from link, this is not going to give you SQL Server 2008

Yes I did try. Did you?

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:13 AM
  • Actually the download link is not pointing to the installation file it is pointing to the HTML file and from thier you have to click on X64 executable. Even DVD image link is not working.

Cheers,

Shashank

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:28 AM
  • Did you read my initial reply or are you just tailgating. Sorry you are having issues, it works perfectly fine for me.
    Friday, March 17, 2017 6:36 AM
  • Did you read my initial reply or are you just tailgating. Sorry you are having issues, it works perfectly fine for me.
    Calm down, no one is tailgating,I dont know how word tailgating applies here. I just said it was giving different file to me and when I read install instructions I finally got it. Normally with MS when you click on download it starts downloading immediately

Cheers,

Shashank

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:44 AM