none
Sharepoint 2010 Shared Calendar in Outlook using custom form. RRS feed

• Question

• I shared a sharepoint calendar to Outlook 2010. I can enter values and post to that calendar using a custom appointment form.  I referenced that custom form from Properties of the calendar using "when posting  items to folder, use" option.  Its just a simple custom form based on IPM.Appointment with mileage field added to P.2.   So far so good.   But when i clicked on that calendar item to edit, it brought up a default appointment form rather than my custom form.  I also noticed that the message class immediately reverts to a default class - IPM.Appointment - upon entering an item.  Is that a bug or working as designed? I am asking this because the steps I took worked fine on regular calendar.  This issue only happens on shared SP 2010 Calendar.

Thanks,

-Mike

• Edited by Msithu Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:40 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• quite probably this is by design - outlook has to be sure that it can send back to sharepoint needed information and ensures this by using non customized appointment form and class. It would not know what to do with your customized properties - should they be mapped to some column in sp list or ignored?
    Friday, June 14, 2013 3:36 AM
  • Funny thing is I can enter the sharepoint calendar item in Outlook using the customized form, even with extra custom fields.  All the values entered got posted back in share point list - fields are mapped- e.g: "Category".   But cannot  open that item to edit or view with the customized form.  So why allow to create new record with customized form but not allow to edit with it?  Strange.  I hope we can escalate this to MS Outlook  team.

• Edited by Msithu Friday, June 14, 2013 3:23 PM
    Friday, June 14, 2013 3:17 PM
  • Hi Msithu,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I've reported your issue internal. You'll be informed if there's any update.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:21 AM
  • Hi Msithu,

I've received a confirmation that this issue is by design as Outlook has to map properties with SharePoint.

Thank you for your time and effort on this issue.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:12 AM