none
Sql 2014 is not getting install and showing error link 296437

Question

• Hi,as per  system and hardware requirements i installed .net 4.5.2 and trying to install visual studio but it is not getting install.

Details about my system 3 GB RAM , processor 2.1ghz ,and having 40 gb harddisk

windows 7 ultimate 
    Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:03 PM

All replies

• Hi AsrielAshish,

From your description, I understand that you failed to install SQL Server 2014. If anything is misunderstood, please let me know.

.NET 3.5 SP1 is a requirement for SQL Server 2014, please check whether you have installed .NET 3.5 SP1 in your machine. If not, you could download .NET 3.5 SP1 via the following link and then install it. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22 After that try to reinstall SQL Server. Other system configurations you described meet requirements to install SQL Server 2014.

Besides, What's edition of SQL Server 2014 do you install? SQL Server Enterprise, SQL Server Business Intelligence and SQL Server Web are not allowed to installed in Windows 7 Ultimate.

Finally, Could you please provide us more details of the setup log in Summary_<MachineName>_YYYYMMDD_HHMMss.txt file which is located at %programfiles%\ Microsoft SQL Server\120\Setup Bootstrap\Log\<YYYYMMDD_HHMM>\ . We need the log to analyze.

Best Regards,

Emily Fei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:44 AM