Export invoices to individual PDF's RRS feed

• Question

• I need to be able run all my invoices (report) at one time and export them to PDF individually instead as one PDF.  I have a grouping for each invoice.   I have additional page breaks within the invoice.  I thought subscriptions might be an option, but I'm unclear if that will work.  Can someone advise me of the best option?

Thanks!
    Carla Jones

• Edited by CarlaJ Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:36 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 1:57 PM

Answers

• Hi CaraJ,

What you said is common subscription, as for data driven subscription, you can specify a command or query that returns fields used to vary delivery settings and report parameter value. I suggest you to refer the article link I post for you previously to familiar with data driven subscription at first, when you mater the technique, you can try to create it by your own.

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Zilong Lu Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:53 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi CarlaJ,

Thanks for your post.

According to your description, you would like to generate the individual PDF file for each invoice. If so, Data driven subscription is definitely a good choice for you, you can modify your report to use invoice number as parameter, instead of showing all invoice on one report, then specify a data driven subscription for this report to pass the dynamic invoice number value as parameter to the report.

More information about data driven subscription, please refer to the articles below:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156012.aspx

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, November 7, 2011 2:48 AM
  • But wouldn't I have to revise the subscription each time I do invoices since the parameters are changing??

Monday, November 7, 2011 5:08 PM
  • Hi CaraJ,

What you said is common subscription, as for data driven subscription, you can specify a command or query that returns fields used to vary delivery settings and report parameter value. I suggest you to refer the article link I post for you previously to familiar with data driven subscription at first, when you mater the technique, you can try to create it by your own.

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

• Marked as answer by Zilong Lu Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:53 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 10:28 AM