Visual Studio 2013 Express RRS feed

• Question

• My OS is Windows 8

I am trying to download and install Visual Studio2013 Express from the Microsoft site.
    I have tried IE and Firefox.

I start by going to www.msdn.com and selecting Get Visual Studio.
    On the next display under Visual Studio 2013 downloads I select Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop.

Here is what happens in IE
    This brings up a display We need a few more details .....
    I fill in all the details but there is no Submit button.
    There is panel for my selection under Your Selection but when I click it nothing happens

Here is what happens in Firefox
    There is no request for more details.
    There is panel for my selection under Your Selection but when I click it a new display says Your download is about to start and displays a dialog box inviting me to save wdexpress_full.exe. When I click Save nothing happens.
    At the same time the main display changes to Visual Studio Online and invites me to Create your first project with a template called Microsoft Visual Studio Scrum 2013. I ignore this.

I am thoroughly confused. Things used to be so simple!
    Can anyone tell me what is going on and what to do?

Thanks

ME

Friday, December 27, 2013 2:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I can’t get your issue on IE. After I select Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop, a sign in page will be displayed.

Reference:

After I entered my Microsoft account, I will enter into a page with ‘Your Selection’ panel.

After I click ‘Express 2013 for Windows Desktop’, it displays a dialog box inviting me to save wdexpress_full.exe.

Reference:

After I click Save, the visual studio express exe will start to download. At the same time the main display changes to Visual Studio Online.

I did not experience a step: We need a few more details and fill in all details. I doubt whether there is anything wrong with your browser. If you have other machines, please try it on it to check the result. If you can do it successfully on another machine, then you can copy the wdexpress_full.exe to your machine.

In addition, you can download VS Express 2013 for Windows Desktop from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40787

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, January 1, 2014 2:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Friday, January 3, 2014 2:29 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 7:10 AM

All replies

• As I recall from a month or two ago the link has a trailing space that should not be there.  Check the view source from the browser and see what is there.  SNAFU.
    Friday, December 27, 2013 3:30 PM
  • Hi,

I can’t get your issue on IE. After I select Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop, a sign in page will be displayed.

Reference:

After I entered my Microsoft account, I will enter into a page with ‘Your Selection’ panel.

After I click ‘Express 2013 for Windows Desktop’, it displays a dialog box inviting me to save wdexpress_full.exe.

Reference:

After I click Save, the visual studio express exe will start to download. At the same time the main display changes to Visual Studio Online.

I did not experience a step: We need a few more details and fill in all details. I doubt whether there is anything wrong with your browser. If you have other machines, please try it on it to check the result. If you can do it successfully on another machine, then you can copy the wdexpress_full.exe to your machine.

In addition, you can download VS Express 2013 for Windows Desktop from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40787

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, January 1, 2014 2:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Friday, January 3, 2014 2:29 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 7:10 AM