BackGround Image is flickering in FILEOPENPICKER page.

Question

• Hi ,

I have set an background image about 2MB to the page grid background . whenever I open the picker , my background image is displayed with a gap.(flickered type ). This is looking ugly.

Can any one suggest me how to avoid this ?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'm not sure what you mean. Can you provide a clearer description of what your app is doing and what exactly the behavior is that you are seeing? Can you provide repro project which demonstrates the problem? Does this happen on all systems or only on specific ones?

The FileOpenPicker is its own full screen window. Your app shouldn't be visible at all when it is open. If it is there may be a video driver issue.

--Rob

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:36 PM
    Owner
  • It is flickering as it takes sometime to load an image. You may want to wait till image is loaded/decoded fully. Try listening to ImageOpened event and use some some preloaded image or animation mean while actual image is fully loaded.

From this link - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.ui.xaml.controls.image.aspx

You might also consider handling the ImageOpened event if there are any timing issues with retrieving or decoding the image source, where you might need alternate content to display until the image source is available. See XAML images sample for example code.

Thanks,
    Sachin
    My Samples | Personal Website

• Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, April 29, 2013 2:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, May 6, 2013 7:21 AM
    Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:52 PM